Zoals eerder aangekondigd, heeft de BRCS op 1 augustus 2019 versie 6 van de Global Standard for Packaging Materials gepubliceerd. Zie hieronder de details zoals BRCS deze op haar website heeft gepubliceerd.
Key features remain integral to the Standard, such as:
- meeting the needs of retailers and brand owners to reduce the audit burden;
- better recognition of the diversity of the packaging industry and its customers’ demands;
- encouraging greater transparency and traceability in the supply chain; and
- encouraging adoption of the Standard as a means of improving product safety at small sites and facilities where processes are still in development.
The focus for this issue has been on:
- enhancing the processes used by quality management systems in printed packaging controls and through a hazard and risk analysis approach;
- continuing to ensure consistency of the audit process across the world;
- the importance of a product safety and quality culture in the drive to improve transparency and coherence across the food supply chain;
- simplifying the hygiene requirements based solely on risk;
- introducing a new fundamental clause, corrective and preventive actions, to address issues and minimise the risk of their occurring;
- based on risk, putting a microbiological environmental monitoring programme in place; and
- simplifying the unannounced audit programme.